1. Branch Manager I
- Educational Background: BA/BSc Degree in Economics, Accounting, Management, and other Business-related fields
- Experience: Minimum of Six years relevant Banking experience from which one year on Supervisory level.
- Language: Proven proficiency of Afaan Oromoo, Amharic and English Languages is Mandatory.
- Duty Station:
- Mendi Branch (Mendi Town)
- Shambu Branch (Shambu Town)
Main Roles and responsibilities
- Identify and develop new sources of business, to acquire and recruit new potential customers and develop strong relationships, to optimize the utilization of all products and services of the bank
- Retain existing customers by developing and maintaining fruitful relationship with the current customers
- Resolve customer issues i.e.: investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding service.
- Ensure customers’ needs are met.
- Guide branch customer service initiatives as per the established service standards of the bank
- Engage branch staffs to reinforces customer relation and promotes the service culture
- Support branch staffs on developing, managing and growing customer relationships,
- Develop and enhance good relationships with community and other financial institutions.
- Prepare schedule for regular face-to-face meetings with the corporate customer of the branch for business discussion at the preference place of the customers,
- Ensure that all customers of the branch are well informed on bank’s product and services
- Refer opportunities to other business segment managers where appropriate
- Develop and monitor bank sales strategies to get area’s competitive advantage
- Provides innovative and productive inputs to enhance the efficiency of the branch and widen the scope of the business to increase revenues as well.
- Support and coordinates the marketing efforts of the branch
- Marketing branch within the community to attract business
- Represents the bank in social and official affairs
- Implement the designed strategy for the growth of quality services and customer recruitment
- Ensure all document related to credit and Trade Service are properly and timely forwarded to the respective organs
- Manage and monitor loan portfolio and ensure that long outstanding suspense accounts are cleared timely.
- Maintains and oversees all banking procedures and processes
- Ensure proper communication of policies, procedures, circulars and other business communications to staff of the branch,
- Approve branches expense as per the limit.
- Ensure effective and proper utilization of branch’s resources,
- Rectify discrepancies and comments reported by internal auditors and controller,
- Monitor, verify, rectify and update all accounting records.
- Ensure compliance and monitoring is in place in accordance with rules, regulations and standards,
- Prepare financial statements and operational reports for the district and head office.
- Checks and balances daily cash on hand against journal and cash book and ensures that subsidiary accounts balance with their respective general ledger positions.
- Keeps custody of revenue stamps, loan security documents, and loan contracts.
- Keeps dual control of petty cash and vault key as needed
- Documents and interprets complicated financial information for bank clients
- Oversees financial reports for taxes, regulatory agencies, and other financial groups relating to branch finance
- Monitoring budgets and ensuring sales targets are met, engaging and motivating staff to achieve objectives.
- Ensuring that employees of the branch are comply to rule, regulations and other guidelines set by the bank
- day-to-day supervision and leadership by training, mentoring and guiding branch staff, to function effectively
- Identify, develop, deploy and retain talented staff including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system.
- Understanding the Banking Business: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the bank’s goals.
- Making Complex Decisions: Making good and timely decisions that keep the bank moving forward;
- Taking Initiatives: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm;
- Managing Execution: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done;
- Ensuring Accountability: Holding oneself and others accountable for meeting commitments;
- Driving Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Managing Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Influencing People: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the bank to achieve its objectives;
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals;
- Being Flexible and adaptable: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Maintains a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adheres to codes of conduct and ethical principles;
- The ability to discover the needs of internal and external customers and strive to deliver services and products to meet these needs in a professional and courteous manner. This includes the willingness to give priority to customer needs and deliver high quality services within the available resources.
- Works effectively with and supports colleagues, fostering a positive and collaborative environment. It is about understanding the need to work together to create an environment of co-operation, trust, and mutual responsibility.
- Actively pursues technical and personal self-development on an ongoing basis; Takes advantage of learning opportunities and ongoing development (e.g., courses, observation of others, assignments, etc.)
- Giving high concern for optimal operations, making effective decisions (business) with a less possible cost, or efficiently
- Able to value communities’ values, norms and beliefs and act to discharge responsibilities to obey and serve the community in which the bank operates to earn public credibility.
- Knowledge of overall Banking Operations (Domestic, Foreign, Digital Banking, and Interest Free Banking);
- Banking Business and Industry Knowledge;
- Knowledge of Banking Directives, Regulations, and related Proclamations;
- Customer Relationship Management Skill
- Ability to advice and direct customers
- Remuneration: As per the Bank’s salary scale and benefit scheme
- Terms of employment: Permanent after probationary period
- Registration Deadline: March 12, 2022
- Place of Registration: HCBP located at Bole Road, Dembel City Center 4th Floor.
(Kindly uses lift no 6)
Interested applicants who fulfill the above criteria can submit their copies of non-returnable CV with the application letter and copy of credentials; including copy of grade 8 ministry certificate and other supportive documents. Applicants should appear in person within original documents within five consecutive working days from the date of announcement