2. IFB Associate Research and Development Officer
- Educational Background: BA/BSc Degree in Economics, Marketing, Management, Business Administration, Applied Economics Modelling and Forecasting, Project management, Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship, and other related fields of study
- Experience: Three and above years of experience in area.
- Language: Proven proficiency of Afaan Oromoo, Amharic and English, Languages is Mandatory.
- Duty Station: Head Office
- IFB Research and Development
- IFB Marketing Intelligence
- IFB Product Management
Main Role and Responsibility:
- Coordinate IFB’s research strategy development and direct its implementation.
- Initiate and guide the conduct of policy-oriented research activities in areas relevant to the IFB banking business and advises management based on research findings
- Coordinate sector specific research to support the IFB’s growth agenda
- Collects and compiles data on macro-economic performances of global, regional and domestic economy including the banking sector
- Direct macroeconomic analysis and guide on interpretations for business decisions
- Verifies data consistency and accuracy with respect to known reports
- Disseminate statistical data to concerned organs
- Builds time series data base, forecasts parameters and makes comparisons of major parameters of banks and related economic activities
- Verify the viability of branch feasibility studies
- Gather and compile market and competitor data to define market size, market share, opportunities and threats in banking industry on Interest free banking realm
- Undertake and analyse customer needs and customer satisfaction through undertaking specific market research projects: quantitative and qualitative to include client segmentation and making recommendations based on research and profitability analysis.
- Consult with IFB Customer Relationship Management Sub Process (Corporate and Retail) to understand its business requirement, plan projects, and deliver to time, cost and quality benchmarks.
- Support the assessment of new IFB market or product opportunities through delivery of relevant and timely market intelligence.
- Ensure that relevant data held within IFB Process is up to date and fit for purpose
- Develop New IFB product development and participate in the process of IFB Product development from the concept phase to the post-launch analysis phase.
- Originate new products in line with IFB customer needs and business model
Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing one and perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.