Senior Human Rights Officer- Hawassa
Location: Hawassa BO, Sidama
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
Deadline: 23 February 2022
Purpose of the Job: Principal case manager to individual human rights complaints and responsible to plan and implement monitoring of places of detention and emergencies, finalize reports and issue recommendations. Implement advocacy and follow up strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on investigation of human rights complaints and preside over proceedings
- Support on implementation of alternative resolution mechanism
- Issue decisions on individual complaints
- Lead monitoring of places of detention and draft reports
- Conduct human rights monitoring during emergencies
- Serve as a focal person for early warning and emergency response
- Issue recommendations: develop and implement advocacy and follow up strategy
- Proposes areas for systemic investigation and refer them to thematic functions in consultation with the coordinator
- Manage partnerships and relationships with stakeholders
- Conducts research on human rights issues as appropriate
- Provide input on development and revision of guidelines, manuals, and tools
- Supervise and coach investigation/ monitoring officers
REPORT TO: Coordinator Monitoring and Investigation
DURATION: Open/Indefinite Contract
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 22,014.00 – ETB 26,219.00 plus ETB 6,000.00- Housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00- Transport allowance, depending on candidate’s qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA in Human Rights, LLM in International Law, LLM in Law (Public Law relevant to Human Rights).
- Candidates with Bachelor of Laws (LL. B) but with exceptional experience can be considered.
- 5 years of relevant experience with MA.
- Experience in management of resources.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Amharic and English is required. Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org
Please include the name of the position and location on the subject of the email. Candidates who didn’t follow the procedure will be rejected automatically.
Women candidates and candidates with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam