General Maintenance (2)
Category: Automotive, Maintenance
Location: Addis Ababa
Career Level: Mid Level (2+ – 5 years experience)Deadline: 24 February 2022
Purpose of the Job: To support smooth operation by upkeep of the building and grounds, installation, maintenance, maintaining and repairing of mechanical and electrical systems on all equipment and building.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general and preventive maintenance duties on building and machines.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, or equipment.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- Repair windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
- Disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
- Install or replace equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
- Examine and test equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Perform minor electrical work not requiring a licensed electrician such as replacing light bulbs and fuses.
REPORT TO: Coordinator, General Services
DURATION: Open /Indefinite Contract
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 7,585.00 – ETB 8,781.00 plus ETB 3,000.00- Housing allowance and ETB 1,200.00- Transport allowance, depending on candidate’s qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma/Level IV in General Mechanics, Electricity, Plumbing, Woodwork, Construction, or related fields
- High School Complete (10th grade)
- 2 years of demonstrated experience with Diploma (Level IV Certificate)
- 5 years of experience with high school certificate
- Technical and practical experience/competence of maintenance in the office setting
- Knowledge of Amharic is required. Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org
Please include the name and location of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates and candidates with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam